STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
Please Read Carefully:
By accepting this award, the recipient is agreeing to the following conditions governing this scholarship:
The recipient will:
1. Understand that a second payment will not be awarded if the student fails to successfully complete the semester requirements detailed in the application process.
2. Understand that if your application is incomplete, or not submitted ELECTRONICALLY, it will not be considered.
3. Remain in good standing with the institution. `
4. Understand that BANAA reserves the right to use the name and/or photograph of the recipient in promotional materials designed to increase awareness of the scholarship fund and when advertising fund raising events for the scholarship program.
5. Understand that Boggs Academy National Alumni Association is an organization dedicated to creating an opportunity for their descendants to continue the legacy of academic and social excellence synonymous with Boggs Academy College Preparatory School. Recipients of the Boggs Academy National Scholarship (BANAS) are encouraged to volunteer any available time they may have during their summer vacation and/or spring break or upon completion of their studies towards giving back by supporting the association’s scholarship program.
6. Understand that being awarded this scholarship is -A Privilege. As a privilege it may be revoked, withdrawn or terminated in the event that the recipient does not comply with its intended purpose. The scholarship will be placed under review if the facts and circumstances of the recipient’s performance, whether scholastic or otherwise, do not comply with the Rules and Procedural Guidelines stated in this document.
7. Understand that The Scholarship committee remains interested in following the recipient’s accomplishments and endeavors during and beyond the Scholarship period. Therefore, the recipient is encouraged to COMMUNICATE regularly with the Scholarship committee regarding his or her post-secondary progress. The recipient is also encouraged to share any specific problems encountered with the scholarship process so that the committee can assist and make corrections as needed.
8. Understand that once the selection of a candidate has been completed, neither the BANAA Scholarship Committee, nor the Executive Board will retain application information of rejected candidates; nor will they discuss reasons pertaining to why an applicant was selected or rejected for this scholarship. Once a candidate has been selected, their decision will be FINAL unless the award is forfeited by that candidate.
By submitting this application, I am agreeing to all of the above statements.
HISTORY OF BOGGS ACADEMY, THE BOGGS ACADEMY NATIONAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (BANAA) AND OUR SCHOLARSHIP (BANAS)
Boggs Academy was a Christian co-educational college preparatory boarding school founded in 1906 in Keysville, Georgia by Reverend Dr. John L. Phelps. After its founding the school came under the auspices of the Board of National Missions of the Presbyterian Church, USA. The school was named for Miss Virginia P. Boggs who helped to secure contributions toward its land and erection. The school closed in 1986 after 80 years of operation and is being leased by a private organization for community service activities. A restoration effort was launched in 2014 by the Boggs Rural Life Center and they ultimately are striving to have Boggs listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The Boggs Academy National Alumni Association (BANAA) is committed to continuing the legacy of this great institution. In 2006, The BANAS (Boggs Academy National Alumni Scholarship) was established for the purpose of awarding scholarships to DIRECT DESCENDANTS: Defined as a person or offspring who is the child, grandchild or great -grandchild of a Boggs attendee/graduate or a BANAA Associate member of the Boggs Academy National Alumni Association.
Through these awards, it is our intention to grow the legacy. As each recipient graduates and goes out into the world, it is our hope and belief that they will continue to exemplify and illuminate the prestigious standards and ideals reflected through the Boggs Academy educational mission.
The first BANAS was awarded in 2012. All applicants for this scholarship must be a graduating high school senior, an undergraduate or graduate student, or part-time student who has been accepted to or is currently attending a regionally accredited college or university.
DIRECT DESCENDANT: Defined as a person or offspring who is the child, grandchild or great -grandchild of a Boggs attendee/graduate or a BANAA Associate member of the Boggs Academy National Alumni Association.